Creamy Chicken Pasta with Spinach
This week we decided to put together three favorite ingredients in a special mix. Pasta, spinach and chicken were combined with cream in a delicious result.
It's a recipe so good that you 'll make it over and over again!
- 500-600gr/17-21oz skinless chicken breast
- 100gr/3.5oz spinach leaves, (3 handfuls)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion (80gr/2.8oz), finely chopped
- 250gr/8.5oz pasta (preferably penne or rigatoni or tagliatelle)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 teaspoons tarragon (dried)
- 400ml (1 2/3 cups) fresh cream (full fat)
- salt and pepper
- 100gr/3.5oz grated parmesan
Preparation: Slice the chicken breast into fillets (1-1,5cm thickness). Season with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan, put the olive oil on medium to high heat. Add the chicken fillets and sautee for 4 minutes. Turn the fillets on the other side and continue to sautee for another 4 minutes. Remove the fillets from the pan and put them in aluminum foil, to keep them warm and juicy.
Meanwhile, prepare the pasta following the cooking instructions on the box. In the pan used to prepare the fillets, add the onion and sautee until translucent. Use a wooden spatula to scrape off any material left from the chicken (deglaze).
Add the garlic, sautee for a few seconds and add the spinach leaves. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the spinach withers (about 1-2 minutes).
Add the tarragon and increase the heat to medium-high again. Pour the cream and cook until the sauce slightly thickens (about 2 minutes).
Put the pasta in a plate, add the sauce and put the chicken fillets on top, cut in thin stripes. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
1. You can find spinach leaves, already washed and cut in all the super markets if you don't have the time to prepare them yourself.
2. You can also add some flavour by adding roasted pine nuts.
3. You can add the prepared pasta in the pan with the sauce and mix it before serving. In this case, add a little water from the pot where you boiled the pasta.