Cinnamon-scented apple Danish
An easy recipe for an apple filled Danish-full of cinnamon scent and raisins-that will amaze your family and your friends! Perfect for breakfast, an afternoon coffee or tea and every little tiny sugar craving within your day.
- 2 big red apples (500-600gr/17.5-21oz/1.1-1.3lb), grated
- 1 roll of puff / flaky pastry
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 5 tablespoons of sultanina raisins (Thompson Seedless)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar for the frosting
Preparation: Leave the pastry out of the fridge for 2-3 hours before using it, if frozen.
Squeeze the grated apples and discard the juice.
Carefully roll out the pastry and pour the melted butter. Try to spread it all over the surface.
Add and spread the grated apples and sprinkle over the cinnamon and the brown sugar.
Add the raisins horizontally from short side to short side, like a banner in the middle of the pastry.
Carefully roll the pastry vertically (long side), pressing lighlty, to form a tight roll.
Using a sharp knife cut the roll into ten even slices.
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius/350 Fahrenheit.
Put some baking paper on a baking pan/dish and put the slices cut-side up.
Sprinkle with the frosting sugar and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
1. If you prefer your Danish sweeter, you can sprinkle with caster sugar before serving.
2. Make sure the raisins are not totally exposed, as they will inflate during baking.