- Main Ingredient
Fried chicken is a delicacy for everyone and always a hit among children. It's an easy dish that we can quickly enjoy! Let's start making it!
- 500gr/17.5oz/1.1lb chicken breast (in thin slices - for schnitzel)
- 2 large eggs
- 140gr (1 cup) flour
- 140gr (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (yellow, Indian)
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Sunflower oil or Olive oil for frying (preferably, you can also use any vegetable oil for frying)
Season the chicken with a bit of salt. Put the flour in a bowl.
Use a second bowl and add the eggs. Beat them slightly.
In a third bowl add the breadcrumbs and all the spices. Mix well.
Pour some sunflower oil or olive oil in a frying pan and put it on medium heat. The oil in the pan must be at least 2cm deep. Alternatively you can also use a deep fryer at 160 degrees Celsius (320 Fahrenheit).
Once the oil is hot,follow this process:
Take each schnitzel and put it in the flour bowl. Coat all sides with flour.Shake off any excess flour and put it in the beaten eggs bowl.
Coat all sides and then shake off any excess egg. Finally, put it in the breadcrumbs and spices bowl and coat all sides. Again, shake off any excess breadcrumbs and put it in the frying pan.
Fry both sides until golden brown. Don't turn the schnitzel until the first side is ready. You should try frying the chicken by turning it only once.
Put each fried schnitzel in a large plate covered with some kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
When you have fried all of the chicken, serve with some french fries and salad, or some rice or some mashed potatoes and your favorite sauce/dip. Kali oreksi!
1. You must not rush to get the chicken out of the pan. You can slightly rise the schnitzel to check the frying of the first side, and once it's ready (it will take at least 2 minutes) then you can turn it to fry the other side.
2. Before you start frying, it's better if you put all three bowls and the chicken next to the frying pan, to facilitate the process.
3. If you use a deep fryer, of course, you don't have to flip the schnitzel on the other side.
4. You can also prepare the chicken for schnitzel in your home, by slicing chicken breast fillets in thin slices (1-1,5 cm). Cover the slices with some cling film or baking paper and flatten them with a meat mallet or even the bottom of a glass if you don't have a mallet.